Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Become One In Your Hand!

I love PB & J sandwiches!  As a kid I would never eat them because I hated mixed foods.  They had to be separate.  It's taken some willingness on my part to keep trying it in order to come to like it.  Now I've come to know the greatness of this union of flavors. The smooth sweet taste of Jam accented and enhanced by the thick salty peanut butter. It's mouthwatering!

When peanut butter and jelly become one in your hand you are in for a great feast.  Another feast is to be had when we combine the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ with the Bible!  Just as the Bible is a record of the people in Jerusalem in and around the time of Christ, The Book of Mormon is a record of the people in the Americas around that time.  These books are united in purpose to invite others to come unto Christ. In order to come to know the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true." (Introduction to Book of Mormon)

We are asked in the Bible to 'join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.' (Ezekiel 37: 15-17) -talking about the Book of Mormon and the Bible.

Jesus said, 'And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice;' (John 10:16)  There were more of Heavenly Father's children that had not had the opportunity to see Christ because they were across the sea.  Jesus visited them after his resurrection and said, 'And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice;' (3 Nephi 15: 21)

God loves each and every one of us and will help us know Him no matter where we are, we just have to open the door.  We do this by seeking His word in the scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment