Friday, March 18, 2011

Are there Prophets Today?


 I know that God has once again called prophets to lead and guide His church.  This knowledge means everything to me because it means that there is a true church that my Heavenly Father wanted me to find. It means that I know now what God want's me to do. It means that now that I am a baptized member of His church I can continue on the path back to Him!
 I know that God is there for all of us and wants us to be happy.  That is His whole goal.
 If there is an all powerful being whose whole purpose is to make us happy, why not give Him a chance to help?  I add my invitation with that Savior's for all to come unto Him, and find out for yourself, as I have, that He is there for you, and will help you overcome every hard thing (1 John 4:14).
 You can know for yourself if this is true by asking God (James 1:5).  If we go to Him in faith, believing that he will answer, He will not hold His blessings back!  We can feel His answer and love for us while we are showing our faith! We show our faith in Him and our true desire for an answer by simply praying sincerely, reading of His word in the scriptures, and attending His church. His answer will come in many wonderful forms (Galatians 5:22).  Most common of all is a wonderful feeling of peace and comfort, and that is only the beginning!
  Please show your faith in God and ask Him if this is true! I promise, from experience, that you will be eternally grateful you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment