Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mixed Signals? Who is Right?

The other day we tried to cross the street and to my dismay this is what we saw.  I froze.  I was stuck one foot on the curb and the other on the pavement.  Who do I trust: the White Walker or the Red Hand?  For a second I simply didn't know what to do...  Then we laughed and crossed the street because we knew it was safe at that point.

Mixed signals like this come every day.  It's hard to know what's right and what's wrong sometimes when people are telling us different things.  One source will say something and another will completely flip flop it.  Who do we trust?
  • 30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
  • 31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost. (2 Nephi 28:30-31 bolds added)
We don't have to trust the White Walker or the Red Hand!  We can find out for ourselves the truthfulness of all things as we pray and ask God and he answers us through the comforting power of the Holy Ghost.

  • 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. 
  • 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.  (Moroni 10:4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment