Saturday, July 23, 2011

Watch Out For That... Tree

Walking out of the apartment, I.. OUCH!  too sunny.  I quickly decided to shut my eyes.  I didn't want to stop moving toward the parking lot because time is of the essence, so I decided to reverse-blink until my eyes got acquainted with the light.  I'd take a glimpse, see what obstructions were in my path, and close my eyes again.  Relying on what I could see in a blink every few steps, I made it to the car unharmed.

What do my baby sensitive eyes have to do with the gospel?

Heavenly Father has shown us the safe path through life's struggles: following the example of Jesus Christ.  We can pray and ask Him what he would have us do.  We get answers through the Holy Ghost, or the spirit.

  • 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
  • 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  (Galatians 5)

When we get our answers it is like glimpses into the safest path, and when we are anxiously 'engaged in a good cause' (D&C 58) we can trust in God that He will be there for us if we are going to run into another car or a bush or something.

'Asked about the role of the Spirit in his professional career, Elder Scott said, “[In my work] it just seemed natural to turn to the Lord to ask for guidance. I’ve never separated church, professional life, family life, or personal life into little compartments; I’ve just felt that the Spirit can guide in all of those.” He said he believes that the Lord is “absolutely aware and very interested in giving us support in whatever we do in life, our professional life included.”' (See Article)

No comments:

Post a Comment